Friday, September 30, 2011

Craftsmanship


One of my favorite things about writing for the Blog-E-zine is talking to the many different talented craftsman that the local kulture scene has to offer. Last weekend at the Mobtown Greaseball I met another highly talented guy by the name of Mark Main. He put together a pretty sick rod that has an aggressive stance that looks like it could drive a tunnel through a mountain. But this blog isn't about that rod, its about a detail on it...the straps.

You see up until he told me, I thought that the leather straps that were used on the hood and to secure the gas tank were just that...leather straps, but no...they're metal. Go ahead zoom in on the pics, click em to expand their size and take a close look yourself. No matter how close I got I could not tell until I touched them and sure as hell they're metal...WOW, that is bad ass detail. Mark hand made and painted the straps himself, and is the proud owner of Wayback Machine Company T/A Metal Art Design. His attention to detail is amazing and he truly is an artist and a craftsman. Seeing stuff like this just makes me hope that some where there are some kids who will pick up the craft of metal work and keep this type of handmade creativity alive. So check out the pics and yes...I'll say it again...they're metal. My mind has been officially blown.
And if you want to know more about the Rod he built along with more details and pictures, be sure to sign up for our FREE Subscription, as I hope to catch up with Mark again for a full feature article sometime in the future. In the meanwhile be sure to look for some more upcoming blogs from the treasure trove of local car shows over that past few weeks.